Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Previous Blog Explained.

Many people have come to me concerned about my last post so I am sorry I have not addressed it sooner, but here is the necessary explanation and the source of my last blog. I am currently taking a Women's Studies course at ASU and throughout the class numerous issues have come up in relation to feminism, abortion and religion. I am happy to report that I have taken the opportunities to lovingly and tactfully handle all of the arguments made in opposition to the bible. This post in particular caught my attention because at first glance I felt challenged. Nothing about the comparison sat right with me, but I had trouble defining why I felt that way. I posted it on my blog and Facebook to see how other people would respond to it. I was definitely pleasantly surprised with the intense and intelligent responses. Just to make it clear, I do NOT think the two situations are even remotely comparable and I made that very clear in my assignment for the course. It surprised me how many people in my class argued that abortion is essential for "women's freedom". Almost every single response posted took that stance. It just further supports my belief that ASU needs A LOT of prayer, along with countless other colleges across the country. Also, my views on abortion are in complete alignment with Todd Philip's blog which is accessible if you click on his name from my last post. Keep your thoughts comin guys!

1 comment:

Tanya Kirkpatrick said...

We should so encourage each other to post, you are such and encourager and so blessed with such incredible knowledge so young!

It was so good to see you the other night!

love ya!