Sunday, December 28, 2008

BABIES! And then some...

Chris and Lindy have some extremely exciting news for all of you...HOORAY!!!!


So, I just spent the past three days in Cali with my family for Christmas. It wasn't exactly the family vacation I had pictured, but then again I don't know why I would have thought it was going to be all puppies and roses-not too much in life is. Let's just say there are a few dynamics happening in my family that I am not in full support of and instead of keeping my mouth shut to avoid being quarrelsome, my opinions usually come out tactlessly. As mush as I disagree with some of the things that happen, voicing what I think is right in a way that I always regret it later is probably not the best option either. I often feel stuck between standing up when it's necessary but not my place or biting my tongue and watching the effects of it. It's probably all a control issue anyway, I feel helpless most of the time and that frustrates the heck out of me but I am positive God used this weekend to humble me a lot.

Needless to say, I was pretty ready to come home and for good reason because I got to see my BEAUTIFUL Shan, Tori and Breanna. Worship was great in the 5pm service and Jeff did the message so you know that was good. Then we got dinner and Golden Spoon and got to spend some time in good conversations. I even met Jenna finally! This has been a long awaited meeting. I feel like God used this night to lift my spirits again.

Then, I got on Facebook and clicked on Shauna's page only to find that she had posted pictures of her trip to Israel. I literally sat at my computer just crying looking at her pictures. She walked where Jesus walked. Saw where He washed the feet of His disciples. Went to the Sea of Galilee. Saw Mary's tomb. You have got to be kidding me. There was something overwhelmingly sacred, holy, REAL about looking at those images and knowing that Shauna stepped in each of those places. JESUS CHRIST, GOD, WAS IN THOSE PLACES! Can you believe that?! Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in OUR life, OUR wants, OUR "needs", OUR pains, OUR pressures and we forget that Christ went through the ultimate suffering. "Because He himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted" Hebrews 2:18. This life is about Christ and His kingdom being furthered, not OURs. I think it's crucial that we stop and take a look at our lives sometimes, are we really in pursuit of making heaven on Earth? Are we seeking first His kingdom, are we after His heart, are we pursuing ALL things for His glory? He can only help us through our suffering if we let Him. And, wouldn't you rather be suffering for something bigger than this life? If I'm going to suffer, I want it to be for the sake of the gospel, for Christ, for His kingdom. All I am is His.

5 comments:

Breanna said...

I love you and I had so much fun with you last night!

-Breanna

Mr. Sam said...

OMG!!! Keira you constantly continue to amazing me by how much your growing in God and its really encouraging to have someone like that around. LOVE YOU

Jared said...

Hey now wheres my profile pic you have Kev and sam but no me :( haha no jk. I just wanted to say Weeeeh! I will beet you haha inside joke!

Love Jared

After His Heart Ministries... said...

Keira I love your blog and I do still read it. It was truly amazing to walk and be where Jesus lived and taught. I can't wait to get home and share the pictures and stories with you. I love you so much and miss you.

Only Servants Ministries said...

Yay! Keira... Gee Wiz... I miss you. Like a whole lot.